I had another great year of wild experiences. One of my favorite trips was to see polar bears in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge within the arctic circle. However, my most memorable experience of 2015 didn’t involve taking photographs. On June 1st, a driver of a F250 pickup going 60mph fell asleep and hit me in a head-on collision. I managed to escape with a broken neck and ankle but thankfully, did not require surgery. After many weeks of physical therapy, many bottles of Ibuprofen and the support of my family and friends, I can now resume exploring the wild places even though I am not 100 percent back to normal.
Of many pictures I took here are some of my favorites.
- Polar bears in Arctic Circle near Kaktovik, AK
2. The polar bear mother and the cub
3. Pheasant Hunt
4. Northern Hawk Owl in Northern Minnesota
5. Saw Whet Owl with a mouse.
6. Great Horned Owl take off
7. Canadian Rockies in the winter
8. Peyto Lake in Alberta
9. Steaming Creek, Mammoth Lake, Eastern Sierra
10. Hidden Chamber, Valley of Fire State Park, NV